Friday, March 18, 2016

Early Spring Cooking Workshop on April 10th





Reminder:  my next workshop, "Cooking for Early Spring"  will be on Sunday, April 10th from 2 to 5 pm. As usual we will cook and eat our preparations.  There will be tips on making a healthy transition from winter to spring.   I hope to include a recipe that I picked up on my recent trip to India!

If I have not heard from you yet , please reserve your spot!

While we are cooking I will share a bit about my trip to India, which is a chaotic colorful  country full of sensory overload as well as places that are rural and peaceful like the retreat site in Khajuraho, run by the Himalayan Institute, where I spent 10 days.   I stayed a few days at a guest house in Haridwar which had delicious Ayurvedic food.  This is where I got some recipe tips from the mother and daughter who run it.

Here are a few pictures from Haridwar of some of our meals and a spiritual ceremony called Aarti held every night on the banks of the Ganga (Ganges).  We we went to 2 Aartis, a big one with hundreds of people and a small one right near the guest house.

No comments:

Post a Comment