Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Upcoming Workshops: Cooking for Spring and Yoga for a Good Night's Sleep!

 


If you are tired of cooking the same dishes and are looking for something new to make, consider joining my Indian Vegetarian Cooking Class on Sunday, March 21st from 4 to 6 pm!  It is the first full day of spring, and we will be talking about good foods and spices to prepare in the season.  We will make several dishes, probably a kitchari, vegetable dish and a chutney.  You can either watch me demonstrate or cook along with me.  The cost is $35.  Once you pay, I will send you the recipes so you can buy the ingredients.  You will also receive a few other handouts about healthy eating.  Since it is on Zoom, you can join in from anywhere!  If you live close (Silver Spring, MD) and would like to buy some of the ingredients from me, just let me know.  Email me at dhelfeld@starpower.net to register or with questions. To pay you can either send me a check (I will provide you my address once you contact me) or pay by Zelle.

Above is a picture from a spring cooking workshop a couple of years ago.
 
 
Here is a Reminder about my  workshop through Circle Yoga on Sunday, March 7th from 4 to 5:30:  Yoga for a Good Night’s Sleep.
In this Zoom workshop we will learn about practices that can promote a good night’s sleep. We will begin with a short discussion about simple steps you can take to help your body and mind wind down and prepare to rest. We will then engage in some of those practices, doing gentle yoga movements, calming breathing techniques, and a guided relaxation. We will end with a foot massage. (Optional: have a good quality massage oil and a pair of old socks handy for the massage).
 
Hope to “see” you at one of these events!

No comments:

Post a Comment