Sunday, October 13, 2019

Poem for the season!

We are now fully in the fall or Vata season, governed by ether (space) and air.  This is a time of the year for grounding, self reflection, turning inward and cultivating an attitude of ahimsa (non-harming) towards everyone and particularly towards ourselves and our thoughts.  Here is a poem that speaks to me, it is in the prayer book that our synagogue uses for the High Holidays, and it is universal in its appeal.
 
Deepest Good by Joyce Rupp
 
When I sort through the layered texture
Of what clutters and claims my spirit,
I find you, Deepest Good, in residence.
You shine like a piece of gold inside of me.
In that tranquil, secluded district of soul
I discover my true, unblemished nature.
Teach me that there is much more to “me”
Than just my struggle and my failure.
Absorb me in  the jewel of your love
Until I am fully one with your goodness.
 
 
I hope you all take the time to cultivate your own “goodness”.  And please, being gentle with yourself, try to stop drinking ice water!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment